Thursday, April 11, 2024

Sentencing

When a person gets transferred to prison, communication is scarce. I’ve heard mention that people get ”lost in the system” when they go to prison, because it’s so hard to keep in contact. Taylor was transferred early Wednesday morning and I can see what they are saying. It’s been so hard not talking to him as frequently. 


I’ve meant to give an update for a couple of days now, but it’s just so painful, I can barely sit down and write about it. Taylor was sentenced to 87 months. That is a long time. Sentencing was hard to sit through. I was able to be there with three of my oldest children, the younger two stayed home with grandma and grandpa. Taylor didn’t put up a defense during trial, for various reasons- in my mind, J6 cases seem so predetermined anyway.  There were a few things he did say during his actual trail. He had asked the officers if he had hurt, harmed or threatened them in any way, they both said they had sustained no injury and they were fine. The third officer had never even come into contact with Taylor. He was grateful to have clarity on that and offered a sincere apology to them. During the sentencing hearing the prosecution called it a show- as if he was feigning some sort of remorse. I know for him, it was a relief to be able to clear that up with them during the trial. It’s got to be hard being a prosecuting attorney. I wonder if they really think he was faking or if it is just part of the show that they put on. How sad to see people in such a one-dimensional light. Anyway, I could go on about all the things that I felt were misconstrued, but honestly, it’s energy I don’t have at the moment...maybe for another day.


I’ve had so many people reach out- thank you. This is truly heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment