Tuesday, May 21, 2024

The Atlantic and one Juror

 Today I sat across the kitchen table in our home, with a reporter from the Atlantic. We talked about our family’s January 6th experience, things that led up to that day and how things have been since. During the interview she let me know that her partner was one of the jurors in the trial and that is how she became familiar with our case. She asked how that made me feel. I don’t remember everything I said, but I do remember saying that I have compassion for all those that played a role in the proceedings. While I wished that it would have gone a different way, I still have no hate towards her partner, the judge, other jurors and the prosecution  

I remember praying during the trial that someone on the jury would not convict…just one person. I prayed so hard for that. She could have been that one. And yet- I still can’t find it in my heart to be angry- it’s just not there…


May God bless us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment