Friday, July 5, 2024

4th of July from Home


Time has flown by and has dragged on, all at the same time. We have yet to settle, while we wait for our home to sale. The plan is to move to be closer to Taylor.  I have faith that that will happen when it is supposed to, but the process has pulled at my heart strings. 

My love for our beautiful country is strong and strained. This 4th of July we spent with friends, which was lovely. The kids ran all over their farm yard in bare feet, jumped on the two trampolines they have touching each other (so that the kids can jump between the two). We played pickleball, and after starting out playing best to 5, then jumping to best out of 7, then 15, then 21, Fisher finally pulled ahead and beat me:).  We came home and had our own fireworks, with just me and the three younger kids. In the summers the two oldest head to a scout camp in Idaho, where they are camp counselors. The 4th of July has been just Taylor and I and the three boys for quit a few years now. This year it was me and the three boys. Taylor is the fun one on the 4th. He has always been the one to encourage adventure in the kids, and his love for fireworks was something that spread like wildfire to the little boys. Each year the boys line the fountain fireworks up around the fireplace ring,and light them one at a time. The drill is that they all gather as one lights the wick. When they see the first sign of a spark they “run for the hills”. It never gets old and it’s always entertaining for Taylor and I… it was entertaining for just me this year… I missed seeing him next to me. Thank God for America and everything good that that means. I pray for her. 

Happy 4th everyone!

Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment