Sunday, February 4, 2024

While you are away - missing you February 2024




Ben's breast stroke

Ben had two swim meets these last two weekends. He dropped 7 seconds in his breast stroke! Every time I mention how good he is doing, he shrugs it off.  I’m sure he’s happy about it... but, you know...  he likes to keep it cool...he's like that :).  

Fisher had a basketball game this weekend too. He is so good at ball control, he has worked hard for that.  I can tell he is loving his skills 😂. He goes under and over his legs and fakes out players that are guarding him- it’s pretty fun . I love to see how much he loves the game. We still watch something related to basketball every night before we go to bed.

The little boys are fun…as always. Their friends Jed and Obi came over this last week. They came home with us after we got done with the homeschool co-op on Wednesday. The boys went from hover boards to laser tag to the trampoline and then to roller blades.           They are all about friends and fun these days!

Elise, of course, has been super helpful..they all have.  The deadline to apply for the college she wants to go to is in March…how is she old enough!

 Wish you were here to see it all. 

Your mom is in town. She talked to Elise and Ben about working at scout camp as counselors again this summer. I know they want to help out at home, but I told them they HAVE to do it- every summer that they have gone, they have loved it so much. 

My heart hurts for the directions we are all being pulled in. I'm sure it will be one of those things that we will be grateful  for when we look back, you know... for all the lessons we were able to learn…but it is challenging …This has been the ultimate test, for me, of walking by faith. 

I pray that I will be in tune with each one of the kids, with you and with where I should focus my attention. Mostly I pray that I will be in tune with God, so He can show me how to work all of that out. So far, that is how we have made it this far and I'm so grateful for the direction that I have gotten. It has always come when I have needed it, and it's getting easier and easier to trust in that- I've found a lot of comfort and confidence in that. I'm just so grateful.

I’m tired, but good. 

Of course, I’m missing you so much, but Fisher is turning out to be a pretty good roommate :). He seems to be doing quite a bit better lately- I’m so grateful. 

Love you

-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment