Saturday, June 8, 2024

Feeling the Fireworks

 The fireworks always start being set off early here in Kingston. That’s something you can expect each year. We have a couple of Indian reservations around where we live, and they usually start selling fireworks pretty early…the really fun ones. As I lay here in my bed tonight I am loving the energy of the fireworks being set off, somewhere not too far. 

Fireworks are so reminiscent of the 4th, and them being set off early creates such anticipation. The holidays have been strange without Taylor. Everything has really. I wonder what the 4th of July will bring…

I’ve been thinking about how it’s amazing that each person in a family creates this sort of energy that meshes together with everyone else to create a kind of harmony. Sometimes the harmonies play in minor chords and it begs for some sort of resolve. But, most the time the melodies come and go and there’s a sort of rhythm about it all that is just beautiful.  

Elise is leaving soon. Technically her and Ben will be leaving soon. They both have worked as camp counselors at a boy scout camp in McCall Idaho for the past few summers, and they will be headed back there soon. But, this summer is different. She graduates in one week and after they get done at the camp she is headed to Utah on a new adventure. 

I haven’t really minded change in the past, but it seems to be something so destabilizing the last little while. I want to keep everyone close…I’m really going to miss her.  


Life…

No comments:

Post a Comment