Saturday, April 16, 2016

#3 Power in faith- he cares about her.

I hope this doesn't drive anyone crazy, but I will be jumping around in time to different experiences as I feel I should...so hang on folks!!!


This happened this year, a couple of months ago.

Elise, my oldest, is 10 years old.  She's a pretty sensitive soul and has a gentle nature.  She was at a friend's home and had seen a video that really bothered her.  It was something dumb, like the top 10 disturbing things that kids do, or something like that. Anyway, her and a friend watched this video of a little boy who got up in the middle of the night and went down and sat on the floor in his kitchen with knives placed in a circle all around him. It sounded super creepy and it really terrified her.  That night as I was tucking her into bed she told me about this video and just broke down sobbing.  She was frantic and terrified.  I let her talk for a while, and as she did it seemed to just be getting worse and worse in her mind, she was really starting to lose it-poor thing. Taylor came in and mentioned to her that saying a prayer would help and asked if she believed it would. She knew it would and asked if we would pray for her.  So Taylor and I each took turns asking the Lord, with all the love a parent would have in this situation, to bless her and take this fear away from her.  When we were done with our prayers he asked her if she would like to pray.  She did, and offered up a sweet plea for help to her Father.  She got into bed and I turned to help the boys get all tucked into their beds.  It was a little while later when I went up to check with her as she lay, content in her bed.  I asked her if she was feeling better, this is what she said with tears in her eyes "Mom, I feel so good. I was so upset and I felt something like a huge hug come all over me.  I know it was from Jesus. Sometime when I get out of bed to get water, I am afraid that someone will be under my bed and grab my ankles (creepy, right?!), but tonight it was like I had a force field around me. I'm not afraid at all."

When Elise told me about this video, I heard in my mind and heart, that this was an opportunity of opposition.  My heart ached that she was experiencing the emotions that she was, but rejoiced in the opportunity for her to experience the power of her Savior.  Days after this experience she told me that no one could ever tell her that Jesus doesn't exist, because she felt Him.  That testimony will burn in her heart and will add confidence to her faith in the Lord. It's a beginning step of the ladder that each one of us gets to climb as we experience God's power and journey to know Him better.  This is truly what life is about. I pray that we can trust in His power and allow God to work on us, in us and through us.  That he can refine and purify us.

Proverbs 25:4

Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment