Saturday, April 16, 2016

#2 Where to start....

Where to start.... I'll do a little overview of me and then share some more specifics in other posts.


I am a wife and a mother of four.  I love being a mom and can honestly say it is my dream job.  I grew up in an incredible family. The biggest problem I have when discussing the matters of the heart is that words usually fall short of what I am trying to express.  To say that my family was incredible doesn't even touch what they are to me.  I grew up 5th of 8 kids.  It was the best place to be- smack dab in the middle.  We, of course, have had difficult things and troubles here and there, but our hearts have had a common goal.  We love each other.  When we get together it's common to find sweet and genuine conversations, card games and laughter, hilarious situations and spiritually uplifting moments.  And, my parents....my heart melts just thinking of them.  They have been constant and kind, full of love to us and to others. Everything I hope to be, can be centered around who they are to me.

After graduating from High School I went to Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho) and received an associated degree.  I attended Boise State University for a couple months after that, and left to serve an LDS mission in Campinas, Brazil.  When I got home from my mission I went back to Rexburg, and finished up my Bachelors degree in Child Development at, what was then, BYU-Idaho.  The time I spent through college and on my mission was life changing and I'm excited to share and remember some things in later posts. Before my last year of school I married my sweet husband, Taylor, and we had our first baby, Elise, one month before I graduated.

After Taylor graduated from BYU-Idaho we moved around to Utah, back to Idaho, and finally settled in the beautiful state of Washington where we currently live.  In Washington we had our sons Bensen, Destin and Fisher.  Life has been full of highs and lows, but more importantly it has been full.  My experiences have been tailored for me and have created a life that I could have never created for myself.  God has a way of doing that, giving us just what we need and then a little more.

2 comments: