Thursday, October 20, 2016

#6 Unexpected surprises!!

In June life was crazy, just as life seems to be always, for all of us.  I was struggling to find time to really sit for a moment, clear my mind, and really commune with my Father in Heaven.  There were the quick prayers and the constant consulting with the Lord throughout the day, but I had had some things on my mind and was yearning for some quiet, uninterrupted time that I could really commune with Him, you know, "the prayer closet" sort of prayer.  Well I had tried a few evenings that week and each time I would drift off into sleep- it was really getting frustrating! One night I cried to God (literately cried)and said "I really want to talk to you, but I am having a heck of a time staying awake!" I know He knew my heart, and I wasn't feeling guilt about it, but there were some definite things on my mind that I was wanting to talk to Him about.  So, that evening (or I should say morning) I was woken up at 3:33 am, and it felt as if it was 9:00 in the morning. I heard the spirit tell me "go pray", and my heart got excited, knowing that this was my uninterrupted chance!  It turns out I not only had some things to say, but so did He :). It was, of course a sweet conversation, and towards the end I heard/felt (you know the words that come that are so clear, but seem not quit right when you write them down), "You are going to have a baby".  I laughed, because we had been trying for a couple of years to have another baby, with no luck.  It was a source of sadness for me, but just recently I was liking the idea of maybe moving past diapers, and car seats, etc. I thought, "I am going to be like 50 when this baby comes! "   Well...in September we found out we are going to have another baby! Honestly, I'm relieved the baby is coming before I'm 50, and we are so excited! So.... I guess this is our announcement! We will be welcoming a sweet new baby into our family around May 17th!!!!!!  YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats so awesome! Congrats to your beautiful and very sweet family. Would love to visit with you sometime Marie. Love n miss you guys❤. Love Terri

    ReplyDelete