Thursday, December 7, 2023

#25 Jail- The Sermon on the Mount

 I asked Taylor to send me some thoughts he was having, here is what he sent:

In here I have met some amazing people.  Truly sincere hearts, some who have firmly committed to Christ but know not where to find him. Yesterday I read the Sermon on the Mount found in Matthew with a friend, and shared with him the perspective of Josh, (Jesus the man) and how he was about to face a literal series of legal trials. We read it from that perspective. I shared how this was my guiding inspiration for how I chose to handle my case. 


 To be a peacemaker, to agree with my adversary quickly, to exceed the righteousness (equity) of the scribes (lawyer bureaucrat class) by fulfilling the letter of the law. 


So many nuggets in the Sermon on the Mount, that one can only understand when persecuted/prosecuted, not in a nebulous way, but a literal, we are in prison for "truth’s sake” way. 


That Christ took no off ramps, all the way to the capital punishment of his day...the cross. And why? For truths sake...did he argue, make claims, no....he was above it all. 


"For my kingdom is not of this earth" is a jurisdictional statement...he submitted himself to their process, but did not descend to "go the way of the oppressor" and he "walked not in their paths". 


What I have yet accomplished, is peanuts compared to what He ultimately endured...and heaven knows, I may have taken an offramp if one had presented itself.  


But I came in equity, I stayed In equity and in left in equity.  


I KNOW the lord has walked this path -----with me, gently guiding when I have been alone and afraid...to be sure, I have not been carried, but his voice has been heard and I have beckoned to his call. By great sacrifice I have watched my government lie about me..without rebut or retort...I have watched my family suffer...without counterclaim or bitterness lingering in my heart.  


To what end...I am not sure, but I have come to realize, my kingdom, to which has superior jurisdiction, is not of this earth...I AM a VESSEL of my Creator. 



No comments:

Post a Comment