Sunday, November 26, 2023

#17 Jail - Monticello and Gettysburg

 He didn’t call today and I wonder if he is okay. That’s very sad. 

I had made a list of al the people that had sent messages for him- he would have enjoyed hearing about that. Yesterday was a hard day for him, I hope he is okay. Too many hours locked up alone. 

Nights are the worst. Too many things to worry about. There’s a book called “The Surrender Experiment”, by Michael Singer. Amazing book… being present has been something I have had to remind myself to be throughout much of my life, but after the mental note to myself, it didn’t seem that hard to do. This time is different. I realize that much of my angst is not serving me… but there are so many things to worry about, I just can’t seem to let them go. I’m going to have to take that up in prayer.

 Thank goodness for the life line.


Trial week: Taylor’s trial started with a hearing, then jury selection and then the actual trial. He arrived on a Tuesday, had a few days in court, and then got to spend the weekend driving around to some of the sites near the Washington DC area. His first stop was Monticello. He was fascinated by Thomas Jefferson. He, being such a history buff, enjoyed everything he saw there and was fascinated with the differences in personality, homes, home decor and styles from that of George Washington’s, at Martha’s Vineyard. (which he was able to visit when visiting DC for a different hearing). The next day he spent at Gettysburg. He said it was so sobering and grounding.  I wish I could remember everything he said and all the things he loved and found fascinating about the places… he has such fun and great insights.


Taylor was a Political Science major in college, which he received a Bachelor’s Degree for. It always amazed me that before January 6th he had never been to the east coast to see so many places which he knew so much about. I always imagined he would love visiting all the historical sites, and of course he did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment