Thursday, November 30, 2023

#21 Jail- Give Send Go

Every night the prisoners sing the national anthem at a specific time that people gather outside of the jail and also sing the national anthem. I think it was the mother of Ashli Babbitt, and I believe a wife of one of the prisoners that started the vigil.  I spoke to that woman today. She was a huge support and offered to help us with some resources they have for families with prisoners in the J6 pod. She had suggested I set up a Give Send Go account, I thought I would share it here. Please don't feel any pressure, I know it’s the holidays and it’s rough for a lot of people right now: GiveSendGo - Johnatakis Family Help: The Leader in Freedom Fundraising.

Tonight I’m grateful for the conditions at the jail that have greatly improved over the last two years. I remember reading horror stories in the news about “the DC Gulag” and terrible conditions and treatment of the prisoners. This is a scene I have been so unfamiliar with my whole life. My heart tonight goes out to all prisoners everywhere and their families. It’s a part of humanity that we pay little attention too. God, please watch over the prisoner.


No comments:

Post a Comment